Bank of Lake Mills was organized in 1893 by S. A. Reed, E. J. Fargo, L. D. Fargo, David Gardner, B. J. Silliman, R. E. Favill, Robert Fargo, William Everson and Conrad Engsberg. The bank was built despite the numerous bank failures that occurred that same year.
In 1919, Emil Neupert joined Bank of Lake Mills and became Bank President. In 1971 his son, John Neupert, was elected President. John's son, Ty Neupert, is now President and Chief Executive Officer.
For 85 years, Bank of Lake Mills was located at 114-116 East Lake Street; and there we flourished and grew until it became apparent that there was a need for more space. In 1978, a new building was constructed at our current location at 136 East Madison Street, Lake Mills. The corner lot gave us the opportunity to expand our services, adding drive thru lanes, an ATM, off-street parking, and a much larger interior. We have constructed two additions to our building as we have increased commercial and secondary market lending, and added electronic banking services such as debit cards, credit cards, telephone banking, online banking, bill pay, and mobile banking.
In 2007, we opened a Loan Production Office at 1640 Church St, Watertown. In March 2010, we moved this office to our current location at 400 Bernard St. This location is a full-service branch.
Bank of Lake Mills has a solid history of steady growth. When we moved to our current Lake Mills location in 1978 our assets totaled $11,698,000. Today our assets exceed $220,000,000. We are proud of our heritage of service throughout our long history. Our commitment is to provide our customers with all of the conveniences technology can add to banking, while maintaining the friendly, personal service our customers have come to expect from us.